Here are some common questions general dentists have asked us:
Yes. There is a terms of service that will be emailed to your office which will outline the terms between you and the travelling specialist.
We have currently over 220 specialists registered, with coverage in over 80% of the country. Synergy Specialists does not operate in the following states: Florida, New York, North Carolina, and Tennessee.
- Higher Fee Schedules from submitting specialty fees
- Patient comfort of care within the familiar environment of your office
- Increased bottom line production of your office
- Reducing your physical stress and taking a day off from your practice
- Providing the recognized standard of care for your patients
Most specialists require a per diem which is a guarantee of the percentage of production, or the greater of the per diem. Typically the Per Diem is requested at $1500.00 Per Full Day, with a 7 day cancellation policy without requiring to pay the Per Diem, should the patient schedule fall apart. Expectations vary individually from each specialists in terms of total production goals. There is no charge to your practice from Synergy Specialists, except for credentialing which is an optional service we provide below market rates. All production payments are rendered to the specialist we match to your practice, and the specialist compensate Synergy Specialists.
- Continuity of patient care
- Retain Loss production
- Better patient communication
- This is the going trend in dentistry within the entire country
All speciality related material including the following:
- Surgical Instruments
- Speciality Motors and handpieces
- Sedation Drugs
- Sedation Equipment
- Implant Fixtures and the Surgical Kit. (Usually from Nobel Biocare our preferred implant partner)
Synergy has locked in special unpublished rates with Nobel Biocare, and a tissue bank to offset the cost split.
Your office is responsible for supplying for common dental disposables. the following material would be split 50% with your office.
- Implant Fixtures
- Bone Graft
- Surgical Certified OS Chair Side Assistant
Your specialist is treated as an Independent contractor of your office. They each carry a minimum $2,000,000 of liability insurance. Your office does not need to purchase liability insurance as a result.
Our Oral Surgeons can travel with their own chairside surgical chairside assistants upon request. Assistants are also certified and trained under ACLS and AAOMS guidelines to assist chairside with experience in airway management while patients are sedated. We work with a third party company that can provide assistants across California at nominal daily rate. The surgical assistant costs are split 50/50 between your practice and the oral surgeon in every scenario off the production report. Typically running around $20.00 per hour plus or minus. Our periodontists and endodontists will work to train your existing assistant in becoming well versed to assist chairside. Your office is responsible for a second assistant to turn the sterilization cycles and bag up the specialists instruments at the end of the work day. An optional third assistant is highly recommended to turn around the next available operatory you have patients scheduled.
Depending on the Specialist, we recommend in our Terms of Service to render payment within 10 days of the production day. Synergy will request a production report from your office, then confirm with the specialist the cost splits, and submit to your office an invoice with the adjustments. Checks are always payable to the Specialist, professional corporation or individual name, not Synergy Specialists. Your invoice will indicate the remittance address where to mail the check. Optional ACH Payments to the specialist is highly recommended which can be provided by Synergy upon request.
Adjusted production is the total summation of cash payments, co-payments, contracted insurance payments, & out of network payments, minus any adjustments made by the insurance company or courtesy discounts verbally approved by the specialist. A copy of the EOB related to the insurance adjustment must be attached to the following production report. Specialist is expecting one check for each production date, not multiple checks for one production date. Patient financing and / or merchant credit card processing fee’s are the financial responsibility of the host office, not the specialist.
The specialists are expected to be paid on adjusted production.
Typically our specialists will go In network with your office’s existing plans. Endodontists do not accept state or HMO plans.
Our specialists have researched and compared the rates in your market and will have these UCR Fee’s prepared for your office. Typically UCR rates of all specialists are always higher than a general dentist’s UCR schedule.
Billing is rendered by your practice, under your corporation tax ID number, utilizing the specialists NPI #.
Typically the offices that sustain a long term relationship with a specialist have these following consistent qualities.
- An experienced office manager.
- Sufficient In-House referral of a full day schedule of patients.
- Number of years the office has been open with total number of active / inactive charts. Successful offices many not have all these characteristics in place however, these are the factors we have seen contribute to a productive consistent specialty day.
- Contact Synergy so we can discuss your office needs.
- Synergy will arrange for an interview with one of our pre screened specialists at your office.
- Schedule a start day.
- Submit the insurance types and names to Synergy so we can begin the credentialing.
- Schedule a training block of an hour with your front office. (Optional, no charge).
- Sign off and make payment for the “Credentialing Agreement” which is sent via Docusign for your digital signature.
- Complete the Credentialing Survey. This will be emailed to you after registration as an email link.
General scheduling guidelines along with specific column scheduling requests will be reviewed in our training program with your front office after you meet with the local specialist.
Your production is only going to increase by two methods. You can either advertise to bring in new patients or increase the revenue from your existing patients. Sending out referrals can add up to thousands of dollars per month. The average dental office sends out about $120,000 per year in production through referrals.
Our specialists can come with their own assistants upon request. Assistants are also certified by the AAOMS to assist chairside with experience in airway management while patients are sedated. We work with a third party company that can provide assistants across California at nominal daily rate. The assistant costs are split 50/50 between your practice and the oral surgeon in every scenario. Typically running around $20.00 per hour plus or minus. Our periodontists and endodontists will work to train your existing assistant in becoming well versed to assist chairside. Your office is responsible for a second assistant to turn the sterilization cycles and bag up the specialists instruments at the end of the work day. An optional third assistant is highly recommended to turn around the next available operatory you have patients schedule